Chettinad Hari Shree Vidyalayam is managed by the Chettinad Group under the auspices of Gandhinagar Education Society. The Gandhinagar Education Society was founded in 1954. Responding to request by the members of the society to help educate the children of Gandhinagar and Raja Annamalaipuram, Padmabhooshan Dr. Rajah Sir M.A. Muthiah Chettiar, renowned for his philanthropic service to society, initiated the establishment of schools that have contributed to the betterment of a large number of less privileged families. From 1956 to the present time, several schools have been built and are functioning as charitable institutions supported by the Chettinad family. Dr. M.A.M. Ramasamy is the president of the society and he continues the society’s committed effort to serve the community.
Chettinad Hari Shree Vidyalayam is an abode where knowledge in its manifold forms is imparted. The emblem of Chettinad Hari Shree Vidyalayam is Goddess Saraswati, the bestower of knowledge. The olaichuvadi in her left hand represents knowledge, the akshara mala signifies spiritual pursuits and the hamsa bird (the swan) symbolizes one’s ability to discern right from wrong.
Our programs are designed to foster:
- Intellectually challenging learning environments.
- Comprehensive monitoring of students so that early intervention can take place where necessary and extension opportunities can be provided. .
- The development of positive relationships between teachers and students; and students and their peers.
- The involvement of students in a wide range of leadership, sporting and cultural activities.
The school is organized into three subdivisions:
- Junior Grade (Pre-Primary I and II, Standard I) : The school maintains a teacher student ratio of 2 : 30. There is one dedicated ayyamma in every environment.
- ICSE ( Standards II to X) : The school maintains a teacher student ratio of 1 : 30.
- ISC ( Standards XI & XII) : The school maintains a teacher student ratio of 1 : 30.